Sep 12, 2008

Oatmeal Cake

Oatmeal Cake - The Senseless Housewife
Yum!! I just love to cook and bake. I was born to be in the kitchen. I also love to eat sweets...my robust figure can attest to that. I hope you enjoy today's dessert recipe.

Oatmeal Cake

1 cup oatmeal
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour

Mix oatmeal, water, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Let set 20 minutes. Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add eggs, baking soda, flour and oatmeal. Mix well. Pour into square flat pan and bake @ 350 for 40-45 minutes. Serve plain or frosted.

Mealtime Prayer - For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful. Amen.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I guess you'll want to add a facebook icon to your site. Just bookmarked the url, although I had to do it by hand. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is a facebook share icon at the bottom of each post (:

    ReplyDelete