Oct 9, 2008

I'm famous!! (sorta)

One of my poems will be published in a book due out this summer called "Immortal Verses!!! This is an honor for me and I am very excited to share it with you all .


Remembrance of Days Gone By

I wish I were a child again,
able to play and have fun,
Running and jumping outside all day,
under a blazing sun.
I recall summer breezes,
softly tickling my face,
As butterflies playing tag,
dared me to give them chase.
Trees beckoned to me,
their limbs stretched towards the sky,
While dozens of blue-green dragonflies
skittered by and by.
Gazing out the window;
my reflection in my eyes,
I see the robins fly about
and hear their joyful cries.
Standing by the sill,
I waver for a moment then smile,
Okay...maybe I can go out and play
for just a little while.


Random Thought - Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I am certainly happy to discover this. great job!

    ReplyDelete