Jan 19, 2014

The Cow Pillow Foot Dance

The Cow Pillow Foot Dance
My dancing partner

The Cow Pillow Foot Dance

1. Grab your partner - mine is a fluffy, furry throw pillow with a cow print, hence the name of the dance (: You could use a regular pillow though

2. Sit in your chair, get nice n comfy. Throw your partner down on the ground at your feet and place feet flat on him.

3. Turn on some toe tapping music. I like to listen to cotton-eyed joe, (my partner loves that song haha)

4. Start tapping your toes to the music. Tap the toes by lifting the toes up off the pillow (keep your heels and balls of feet down) and dropping the toes back down. Repeat 8 times for each foot.

5. Curl the toes and grab the furry fabric (or pillowcase if your partner isnt furry) Kinda like trying to lift the pillow, then release. Repeat 8 times for each foot.

6. Extend your left leg and raise left foot off the pillow. Circle the ankle by drawing an imaginary circle with the toes, 4 times to the right, then 4 times to the left. Now flex the ankle, straighten knee and point the toes toward the knee. You should feel the calf muscle stretching. Release and repeat 4 times as well. Repeat with other leg.

7. Now that were all warmed up its Dancing time! With feet pressed lightly into the pillow lift your heel and roll to the ball of your foot, then roll back to heel. I alternate rolling one foot then the other, but you could do it in unison too, whatever feels good to you. When you really start getting into it try adding in toe tapping or curling while doing the foot dance. Do this for a good two minutes. 

YEEHAW!! That was fun wasn't it, now pick up your partner, dust him off, fluff him back up so he's ready for next time and go drink some water. I try and do this dance every few hours if I am sitting for long periods.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I love your dance! I will have to give it a try. I always feel better after I stretch my toes and feet. My skin seems to feel less tight afterwards. I found you thru Pinterest.
    Sincerely
    Laura

    ReplyDelete